We have introduced new policies and procedures to ensure that we are following government guidelines to reduce risk while working in client’s homes to declutter and organise.
If you have booked to work with me, I will email you a .pdf version of the document for you to sign and return.
Full text of the document is also included below for your convenience:
COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Procedures for DOTTYMOW Ltd.
Objective: To reduce risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures.
For most up to date information see https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
I may amend this document subject to any changes within the Government recommendations.
- I will cancel the session if I develop any symptoms of COVID-19 and follow the protocol as per Government Guidelines https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection & https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works#the-nhs-coronavirus-app
- I am not particularly vulnerable to COVID-19, but I reserve the right to decline work or leave a client session if I feel that I cannot guarantee a safe working environment for myself and / or my client.
- I cannot work in a household:
- which is isolating because one or more family members have symptoms, or
- where an individual has been advised to shield.
- I would strongly prefer not to work in a household where somebody is clinically vulnerable, but has not been asked to shield, e.g. the home of anyone over 70, since government advice is that they take particular care to minimise contact with others outside their household – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing.
- I will communicate this risk assessment with clients prior to any visit to discuss how the work will be carried out to minimise risk for all parties.
- I will require clients to agree to my guidelines below by email.
- The risk assessment will also be available, on request, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Government guidelines state that “When managing the risk of COVID-19, additional PPE beyond what you usually wear is not beneficial. This is because COVID-19 is a different type of risk to the risks you normally face in a workplace, and needs to be managed through social distancing, hygiene and fixed teams or partnering, not through the use of PPE.”
- Government guidelines also state “There are some circumstances when wearing a face covering may be marginally beneficial as a precautionary measure. The evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you, but it may protect others if you are infected but have not developed symptoms. A face covering can be very simple and may be worn in enclosed spaces where social distancing isn’t possible. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose. Wearing a face covering is optional and is not required by law, including in the workplace.”
I therefore will not be wearing gloves or face coverings, unless a client particularly asks me to OR unless we are working within 2m of each other, when I would require both people to wear a face covering (client to provide their own) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering
Booking in work with clients
In the context of COVID-19, when booking work with clients I will:
- Offer a virtual session as my preferred first option.
- Where a virtual session is not possible, ask to work with only one other person in the house.
- Recommence working with existing customers before accepting any new customers as the risks can be better predicted in a house that I have already visited.
- Prioritise working situations where the 2m rule CAN be followed in full e.g. working outdoors, working in garages, working in a room without the client.
- Next prioritise working situations which are well-ventilated and have plenty of space in preference to smaller, tighter, confined spaces.
- Consider limiting the length of time of the visit and book in more shorter visits.
- Avoid travelling by any form of public transport and ensure regular cleaning of my vehicle.
- Ring to confirm that there has been no change to the client’s situation or my situation the morning before I attend the appointment.
COVID-19 Compliant Declaration
When working in a client’s house, I, Jo Cavalot of DOTTYMOW Ltd., agree that I will:
- Confirm that I am in good health and not displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Freshly launder my clothes ahead of each client visit.
- Increase the frequency of surface cleaning (I will use cleaning products of client’s choice as provided by the client or my own anti-viral / anti-bacterial spray and clean cloths if preferred) to reduce the risk of passing infection on to other people.
- Increase the frequency of handwashing for 20 seconds using soap and hot water (client to provide soap and a clean towel, if not available then I will supply my own anti-bacterial wipes).
- Pay particular attention to coughing, sneezing and nose-blowing hygiene, such as covering my nose and mouth, disposing of single-use tissues (I will provide disposable tissues) and increased hand washing.
- Take my own food and drink to households and have breaks outside where possible.
- Keep 2m apart from any other people in the home wherever possible, and minimising movement in busy areas of the property e.g. stairs and corridors.
- If client and I need to be in the same room within 2 metres, I will provide face covering for myself and use back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Avoid sharing of any tools or implements used.
- Leave all waste and recycling with client so as to avoid potential transmission of infection and ensure put in correct receptacles at end of the session where possible.
Signed: _________________________ Dated: _________________
Client Engagement Declaration
As a client of DOTTYMOW Ltd. I agree that I will:
- Inform Jo Cavalot as soon as possible in advance of the appointment if I have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with other people who have displayed symptoms.
- Abide by the guidelines issued by DOTTYMOW Ltd.
- Maintain a 2m distance from Jo at all times (wherever possible).
- Wear a face covering if needing to be within 2m of Jo (which I will provide myself).
- Inform Jo if I would prefer that she wore a face covering and /or gloves.
- Nominate a clean bathroom for Jo to use for bathroom breaks.
- Provide Jo with soap and clean towel.
- Leave all internal doors open to minimise Jo’s contact with door handles.
- Keep working areas well ventilated.
- Arrange for disposal of all waste and /or recycling myself.
I confirm that the information provided above is correct and should there be any changes that I will notify you immediately. I also understand that the work is being undertaken at my request and that in the event of either party being diagnosed as being COVID-19 positive, that, provided both parties have adhered to the above guidelines, no liability will be accepted / assumed by either myself, as client, or by Jo Cavalot of DOTTYMOW Ltd.
Signed: _________________________ Dated: _________________