ADHD for Professional Organisers training
In March 2020 I completed ADHD for Professional Organisers training with Free Your Space. I am working more with people with ADHD and other neurodiverse challenges. The course covered:
- ADHD types/ symptoms/ diagnosis – The person behind the ADHD.
- How people deal with their ADHD (medication etc.) – The challenges for a client with ADHD.
- How to be an ADHD-friendly organiser – Principles to apply and practical tips for organising.
Introduction to Safeguarding and Vulnerable Adult Risk Management
March 2020 was a busy time for training as I also completed Introduction to Safeguarding with Sheffield City Council Safeguarding Adults Office – a basic introductory course which focused on handling initial disclosures and raising alerts.
In January 2020 I completed Vulnerable Adult Risk Management also with Sheffield City Council Safeguarding Adults Office – The course looked at the risk management model and decision making process, causes and impacts of self-neglect and the processes and paperwork associated.
Professional Hoarding Practitioner Training
Completed in September and October 2019 with Hoarding Disorders UK, the Professional Hoarding Practitioner Training is designed to teach professional practitioners about some of the challenges and stigmas we face when working with people affected by extreme clutter.
It covers from understanding the disorder, through techniques and tools to apply, to legislation and multi-agency approaches and was a significant turning point in my life when I realised that I wanted to do what I could to help people with these problems.
This training changed my life!
Enrichment for the Elderly dementia training
August, September and October 2019 were when I completed the fabulous dementia training with Enrichment for the Elderly. The three courses covered:
- Bronze – understanding how dementia affects the brain.
- Silver – understanding how to support someone living with dementia.
- Gold – Putting into practice how to support someone living with dementia.
Basic Neuroscience of Addiction and Recovery
I completed this course in July 2021 with Mind Body Breakthrough.
This course was aimed at both interested individuals, sufferers and mental health professionals. It covered understanding the root-causes of addiction to the key neurotransmitters implicated in addiction and recovery.
GDPR British Values
I completed this course in July 2020 with Skills Support for the Workforce.
This course focused on GDPR in the UK covering the key elements of data protection, why it exists and how to comply with regulation.
Hoarding & the Law
I completed this course in March 2021 with Edge Training.
- The causes of hoarding and how it affects people.
- When it’s appropriate to use a Mental Health admission or guardianship to protect those who hoard self neglect.
- The relevance of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the inherent jurisdiction
- Public health law, and working effectively with environmental health and other agencies.
Introduction to Safeguarding
I completed this course in March 2020 with Sheffield City Council.
This course provided an introduction to adult safeguarding alongside helping to identify and support adults who may be at risk of abuse.
Level 2 Management Techniques
I completed this course in July 2020 with Highfield Qualifications
- Business improvement techniques and the concept of a lean environment
- The productivity needs analysis process
- How to produce a process map
- Continuous improvement techniques and the principles and techniques of workplace organisation
Level 3 Education & Training
I completed this course in July 2020 with Highfield Qualifications.
This course provided an introduction to teaching for individuals. It covered teaching roles and responsibilities in education and training, ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment, and the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training. It also covered inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training and ways to create an inclusive learning environment.
The Polyvagal Theory: Manage Anxiety, Trauma and Autism
I completed this course in May 2021 with Mind Body Breakthrough.
This course attracted both professionals and individuals interested in mental health. It covered in-depth understanding of the Polyvagal theory to practical techniques on how to examine yourself or your clients for vagus nerve dysfunction and ways to correct it.
The Association of Professional Declutters & Organisers
I am a verified member of APDO, the UK’s membership association for decluttering and organising professionals and have been since August 2018.
APDO sets standards, provides professional development and supports the growth of the industry.
It is an amazing network to be a part of. With many other professional organisers, we all share our discoveries and help together with the problem of clutter.